Monday, January 9, 2017

Bangka 2016 travel trip



Hello people! As you saw on my snapchat and instagram stories, I went to bangka with my family last month. So as you know, the weather was not so great always cloudy (sigh), and it's really hard to take instagenic food photos if you went with your family! Trust me! Especially if you have hundred cousins or nephew that still young. Lol! Well keep reading and enjoy my adventures!
First of all i would love to tell you first, All of this trip based on my experienced and i don't get any payed or anything from this. I just want to share my whole trip to all of you,and  I will review about my hotel too, so in case you want to go to bangka, you know where to stay lol!

BY THE WAY! I would like to say THANK YOU and BIG HUG To all of you guys! Thank you for your recommendation about food and place to visit! What a lovely recommendation that you give to me, and i was trying my best to try them all! The review will be in here folks!

For starter let's start with the list;

1. Hotel ( Pangkal Pinang)
2. Place to visit ( Bangka belitung and Pangkal Pinang )
3. Food parade

Let's start with number 1;

I. Sol Marinna Hotel ( Ex Aston Hotel ) ( Pangkal Pinang )

Previously known as aston hotel, and now changed to Sol marinna hotel. I stayed in this hotel while in bangka, it's located at central bangka, just 3 minutes from depati amir airport.  So close huh? Yup! But if you stay in this hotel, I suggest you rent a car, because it's quite far from pangkal pinang. One thing that i hate about this hotel, There isn't any restaurant around it! Well The closest one, you need to take a walk maybe 1-2 Kilometers from hotel.

Rent a car cost 450-600K for 1 day ( Up to 22.00), you can ask at hotel or googling for more info.

About the Hotel itself, if you check agoda it cost around 500k-600k ( little bit forgot about it), So let's take a small tour about this hotel. It has swimming pool, garden, gym, good restaurant,Nice room, good breakfast, Spa,TV Cable, Free internet( So slow) and etc. Now you already heard the good one, let's talk what i don't like about this hotel;

1. They don't provide hairdryer ( you have to make a phone call to ask for one), BUT The phone was broken! I can't make call from my room! That makes me have to go to my parents room, and call from there.
2. They don't provide small towel only big one.
3. Laundry services is not so fast, I have to call them few times to make them pick up my laundry.
4. And THE ONE THAT I REALLY HATE! THE INTERNET! IS SUPER SLOW AND SOMETIMES IT's NOT WORKING! HOW CAN I LIVE WITHOUT INTERNET!!!!??

Overall! It's a great hotel, have a big room, breakfast has a lots variation, good place to chill, nice swimming pool, and big jogging track.

Will i be back to this hotel? Of course! But next i would like to try menumbing heritage hotel first and if i prefer stay ONLY in the hotel, i will try to find in parai area.

View from my ROOM ( Iphone Only)

II. Let's start with the place that i visited while in here;

First i will share about my trip to belitung first to lengkuas island and Kaolin Lake

1. Lengkuas Island

How to get here? Took nearly few hours to get here, you can rent fisherman's boat to get here. I can't explain much about this place, photos!!

It's a dutch era heritage building, build in 1882. You can go to to the top of the mercusuar if you want it, It cost 5000/ persons.

The building has 65 meters, 18 levels, and 313 stairs. From the top of this building you can enjoy the beautiful of this island and i suggest you to go to the top and prepare your camera. I'm so so EXHAUSTED , BUT IT's WORTHED!!!






Kaolin Lake

If you went to bangka belitung, you do need to visit this place! It's so so beautifull! No word can explain about it, so sad that i don't take much pics about it.

Back to Pangkal pinang! Okay Let's start!

1. PURI TRI AGUNG 

First day in bangka i decided to go to sungaliat area, it took almost one hour ride. Puri tri agung located near pantai tikus, Well many tourism went here to pray and taking lots of photos.







2. Pantai Tikus Mas

Not far from puri tri agung, There's a new beach that already opened for public. We decided to go to tikus mas instead of the Pantai tikus. My friends said that pantai tikus mas are cleaner and it's still new so it's worth to visit.




3. Pantai Tapak Antu

Another recommendation from my friends, It's still new and for me it's quite hard to find this place. You can find it by google maps  ( DUH! What google maps can't do these days?), You get charged 5000 when you entered this area, if you get here by car, don't be surprised with the road. Enjoy the bumpy and orange road lol!







 if you look at this place from above, you can clearly see a foodprint.

LOCATION:


4. Pulau Ketawai

Another place that i visited with my fams here, maybe some of you already know about this place. It's small island that took almost 2 hours ride with boat.

I rent the boat from the local's, Charged 800K for a whole family( Maybe 12-15 persons lol). Don't expect a great boat, it's only a fisherman's boat with no safety on it. What i mean with no safety is there isn't any live jacket.

Let's just say there's a big wave coming towards you and BOOM! Okay forget it, enjoy the photos;

Here's after 60 minutes ride with the boat;


The beach was quite clean, and when i came here, It's SO QUIET! it's only my family who was here LOL! It's looks like private island. But for me, there's nothing special in here. Just and ordinary beach with green forest inside it.






By the way, you need to buy foods first if you plan to be here all day long, There no food stall or anything in this island. And You also get charged if you want to use their toilet. Lovely huh!


hello sist!






5. Bangka Botanical Garden

This is what i really love from my trip,Well my family said there's nothing in here. But for me, it's a great place! Actually it's a garden that located at pasirpadi area. It's a big garden and at the end of the garden, you can find this gorgeous forests looks like nami island in korea.


You can check about my Korean trip HERE



There's a cafe in the entrance that sell various foods and drinks, The special menu that they served is fresh milk. The fresh milk(15K)  came with various flavours, The good one are their honeydew and strawberry flavours .






6. Museum Timah

Pangkal pinang is well known for it's "Timah", Well guys, Don't expect the place would be so big, it's quite small but fill with a lots of information.

No Entrance Fee.




Food parade!!! How come trip become great without good foods?

1. Es Kacang Ayong

First thing first! ES KACANG AYONG! Many of you recommended this, So with no hesitate i went to this place. Actually it looks more "ice campur for me" Well yes, they use red bean in it, but they also mix it with jackfruits, "avocado", "coconuts", "dawet", "cincau" and "tape".

It's not so sweet, and they use white milk in it, and i think there's also coconut water. The ice taste  like coconut water, and i find this one is so so delicious! I think It's perfect for my liking because it's not really sweet.

So i visited this place 2 times, and on the 2nd times visited this place,I found the ice looks so different, lack of toppings and little bit sweet from the first time i tried.


2. Tung Tau

Tung tau is well known for it's coffee and toast. Many people said i have to visit this place and try their coffee and toast, SO here's the review; I ordered their cheese choco toast,srikaya and black coffee. Well, I didn't find anything good in here, it just ordinary toast and coffee.






3. Seafood Aroma laut

My friends in bangka said, that i have to try aroma laut seafood. It's located at pasir padi area, What makes this place different is that we ate on the boat. You guys don't believe me?? Look at the pics below;

Price:
Kepiting S padang 200K
Tauge Ikan asin 17K
Cumi goreng tepung 45K
Udang Rebus 60K
Tenggiri Bakar 130K
Kepiting asap 200K




Here's the ambiance; It's located on the side of the beach.



Ordered their kepiting saos padang, and some others menu. I think their kepiting saos padang is the best one instead of all! By the way you need to order their cumi telor asin, Sorry i forgot to snap it.


4. Mr. ADOX

Seafood seafood and seafood! for the ambiance, it's not as good as aroma laut that located in the beach. It's looks more local restaurant that sell various of seafood. I believe you guys probably know about it, many of you told me to try this place.

What i love is just one, THEIR "KEPITING ASAP" It's really really DELICIOUS! I love how they cook it, the ingredients, and i really love their seasoning. MUST MUST TRY!

Can't describe much about this one, but mr.adox really satisfied my tummy that day!




5. Otak otak Ase

Between ase and amui, Many of you told me to try ase and amui. It's so hard to tell which one is better because i think each of them have unique taste. I think ase has lots branches in pangkal pinang, i saw it few of their branches when i took a ride around the city.

For me, Ase is quite better than amui. Amui is quite great too, but i found that Ase is more satisfying, I also asked to my whole family which one is better and they told me ase is better.

Well The choice is yours!

Price:
1. Otak otak 2,5K
2. Empek 2,5 K
3. Baso Ikan 2,5K
4. Ngpiang 2,5K


Their otak-otak so SMALL!

6. Otak otak Amui

Some people claimed this one is better than ase, but personally i love Ase than this.





7. Es Anggrek

One of the oldest cafe in pangkalpinang, it's well known with their desserts. Served various ice such as anggrek, sanghai, and etc. For me you really should try their es anggrek, it's one of their signature and favorite one here. Basicaly it's looks more "Es kacang Merah" but with different taste and for me this is the best one. You guys should try it! LOVE IT!!




8. Menumbing Heritage Hotel and Cafe

It's not hotel review or something like that. Personally i already about this hotel, and some people told me to stay in this hotel. Well, located in the heart of pangkal pinang, near BTC ( Mall) and local market. It's one of the oldest hotel in pangkal pinang that renovated few months ago and it's 9 kilometers away from airport.

The interior is so classy, and the building cover with white looks. I love how they renovated this place, and pretty sure that i will stay in this hotel next time!

Little bit history for this hotel, It's the oldest hotel in pangkalpinang, The building was built from 1866. The building originally was used for goverment affairs, and then it restorate to hotel in 1900's.

The design and architecture of the building still has authentic dutch historical vibe.

Chilled for few hours while enjoying their desserts, not really a good one but i love the ambiance here.




Creamy Taro 30K
Ice latte 30K

Red velvet Parfait 42K


9. Mie koba 

Mie koba is a signature dish from pangkal pinang. Personally, I don't really love it, It's little bit sweet and i don't think it's really taste well for me. But if you already in pangkal pinang, it doesn't hurt you to try it.


10. Martabak ACAU

The one and only thing you have to order while in BANGKA:
MARTABAK ACAU!!!!! I ordered 3 times while in here, and you should try their Pandan one. It's really really GOOD! I love it!! It's one of the best that i ever tried!!! YES THE BEST!!!

Thankfully we also have the best one in palembang, which is martabak pulomas lol! You can check on my instagram for that :p





OVERALL!!

I really really enjoy my trip to pangkalpinang! So so miss my trip! Well, sorry for the late post due to my work lately, but it's better than nothing right? :p Enjoy and See you guys!


3 comments:

  1. it tempat makannya deket2 gak ya? karena ak ada rencana wisata kuliner k bangka tp cm berdua (cewek semua), pegennya naek motor sih d bangkanya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you go any beach in sungailiat? Like tongaci beach or other?😀 im from palembang x sungailiat btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i am totally agreed with article and i want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    traveling the world

    ReplyDelete